Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Destination Wedding: Belizean Elopement Photography for Krystal & Chris

The wait is over Recherche fans! I'm so excited to share these destination wedding images with you! I've stayed up almost all night editing these images here at the resort where we're staying with Krystal & Chris so I can show them my favorite images before Jay & I head out tomorrow morning for our last few days of traveling. I think it was worth the lack of sleep!!
Krystal & Chris's wedding day was spent driving through Belize to the Mayan ruins stopping along the way at some of the most gorgeous (and non-traditional) spots we just couldn't pass up!

They had originally planned to have their ceremony at the ruins but when they were informed they had to have permit which required quite a few hoops and dollars they opted for just a photo shoot. Fortuitously the driver and officiant the couple hired for the day recommended the Blue Hole for the ceremony and we reached it near the end of the day. It was surreal and idyllic. And when finally married to the love of her life, Krystal could not resist a dip in the pool! See slideshow below for my favorite images of this dip! It was a dream to photograph!

By the time we arrived back at the resort we were all spent. And it was dark. So the following night we did an extra little photo shoot on the beach just outside their villa. A perfect ending to their wedding images.

OK, those were just a taste! See the slideshow for the rest of my favorites! And let me know what you think via the comment box!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regina, we had so much fun with you and Jay, I am so excited about these photos and absolutely am dying to see the rest of them! We had so many compliments on the slide show at the reception, the most common comment being, "These photos look like they are from a magazine!" Haha, always a good compliment =) I felt like a model and still have to look at them a thousand times to make sure that its actually me in the photos! You are amazing and I feel honored to have gotten to work with you!

March 10, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey sister- LOVE LOVE LOVE them as always. They are beautiful. You're amazing.

March 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh JUST BEAUTIFUL. Krystal you are gorgeous girl! Congratulations.

March 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Belize Wedding said...

This is really a nice wedding blog, I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you very much for sharing it and congratulations!

August 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger zerry ht said...

Ooh! I have to show this post to my fiancé. We have been looking for one of the best event venues Chicago for a very long time now. I guess, a place like this would be perfect. We are confused because all the venues here are simply gorgeous but this post has helped in visualizing the place.

October 4, 2018 at 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home